Why Choose Nottingham?
Nightlife. Shopping. Creativity and Culture. Massive Regeneration. World Class Universities. 99 minutes to London. Award Winning Transport. Affordable Housing.
It’s no coincidence that Nottingham was recently named in the Guardian as one of the happiest places to work in the UK and Sunday Times hailed Nottingham as one of their ‘Best Cities to Live’ in 2015. It’s a great city to live and teach in…
- The average semi-detached house price in Nottingham is £141,497, compared to £552,746 in London, and £176,254 in Manchester
- Rough Guides 2016 hails Nottingham as a great city to visit thanks to our thriving arts and music scene and Nightlife
- Home of the Legendary Robin Hood!
- Nottingham loves educational innovation! Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library is a charity which gives a love of reading to children by delivering a free book to their home every month from birth until the age of five
- Visit England’s Home of Sport and Sport England’s City of Football. Nottingham Forest, Notts County, St Barnabas Gaelic Athletic Club, Trent Bridge Cricket Ground, Nottingham Tennis Centre…the list goes on!
- One of the youngest most vibrant populations in the UK
- UNESCO City of Literature– Byron, D.H. Lawrence, Sillitoe
- A great shopping experience and fantastic food and drink venues
- We’ve got one of the best transport networks in the country with a recently extended tram system.
- It only takes 99 minutes to get to London, or fly all over the World from East Midlands airport
- We are one of the cleanest cities in Europe
- We’re a top ten European city for foreign investment.
A Great City Deserves Amazing Teachers
- Nottingham has two of the best Teacher Training Universities in the country, and lots of School based routes into teaching.
- The majority of our Primary and Secondary Schools have been rated ‘Outstanding’ or ‘Good’ by Ofsted.
- Nottingham is the 8th most deprived District in England, with 34.5% of children living in income deprived households. A child’s socio-economic background plays a huge part in how much of their potential they go on to achieve- an inspiring teacher changes lives.